Thursday, April 2, 2009

sacrifice

right now i am not drinking any caffeine
its somewhat of a sacrifice, in that i always feel tired, from the time i wake up
till i go to bed

though this maybe a small sacrifice, i cant help 
think that a few years ago, i was willing to give up everything i had 
and go anywhere God said to go, and in a way did

i never liked staying in one place for long because i always knew i might get comfortable and 
not be willing to give up everything and go

but as God now has it, he wants me to stay and learn how even in my comfort to sacrifice
to be able at a moments notice give up everything, not necessarily in the physical sense, not just in word, but in my heart let go

i have been at Glad Tidings longer than I have stayed anywhere in my short adult life, and have no plans on going anywhere

but in it all through this i want to not hang on to anything material, and not be comfortable, and not rely on anyone for my needs, wants or desires other than Jesus

sacrifice - to suffer loss of, give up, renounce, injure, or destroy especially for an ideal, belief, or end

No comments: