Thursday, June 19, 2008

grandparents

my mamaw and papaw are coming in today  
i have not seen them in a long time
i have often felt like the spare tire in my family
not in my immediate family
but with the aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents
this is probably because we lived in Romania
when i came back i went to college and have not slowed down since

so the relationships there have been sparse

recently i have seen a different side to them than ever before
one was the introduction of great grand kids
and the other was my 16 year old cousin getting cancer
they have been by his side 100% percent of the time
thus why i have not seen them in a long time
i told my papaw he was doing what Jesus would do
and they have been

there perspective on life and family i am sure has changed drastically
and you can see the effects of it

so today i will be picking them up 
they will stay the night
i am excited
and tomorrow we will drive to st. pete and be with all the family


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

grandparents are so special. i never knew my grandfathers they died before i was born (my dad was 4 and my mom was 8) but when i lost my grandma & granny it was horrible. love them JW with all your might, they are precious.